Questions about your herbs? Wondering how they were made? What about how to take them?
We've answered some of the most common questions that we receive about the herbs we provide at Five Flavors Herbs below. For more information, follow the "Learn More" link below our brief description, and if you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to call!
- Our tinctures are all made in house at our NSF certified facility in Oakland.
- Our tinctures use non-GMO cane alcohol, and most contain 50% ABV.
- Dosage varies - make sure to check the label on your bottle, or ask your practitioner!
Chinese Herb Granules + teapills
- We source the majority of our granules from KPC and Legendary Herbs, and we carry Plum Flower and Min Shan teapills from Mayway herbs.
- Granules should come with a dosage - if not, make sure to check with your practitioner!
- Teapills are usually recommended at their serving size (on the bottle), taken three times per day.
- In general, Western herb teas are prepared as infusions, and are steeped in boiled water. On the other hand, Chinese herb teas are decocted, or boiled in water for 30 minutes to an hour.
-We carry Certified Organic Western herbs and stock Organic Chinese herbs whenever they are available.
- A typical ratio for Western herb teas is 1 teaspoon dry herbs per 1 cup water.
- Dosage instructions may vary for your Chinese herb formula - make sure to check the label on your bags!