We are thrilled to offer an extraordinary weekend of education and camping in the High Sierra with herbalists and acupuncturists Darren Huckle, Benjamin Zappin, Brian Weissbuch, and Dr. Christopher Hobbs. The class will be held in Alpine County approximately 4.5 hrs from the Bay Area. We will provide some assistance in carpooling, which is encouraged. Registrants will be emailed with more details, including directions and what to bring, closer to the event.
The weekend will be full of lectures and experiential engagement with dozens of useful medicinal and edible plants and fungi taught by our staff of experienced clinical herbalists. Expect 12 hours of class time. 12 hours of CEU's pending for CA Licensed Acupuncturists.
Lecture topics will include:
- Identification and harvesting of plants of the bio region
- Ethical wildcrafting
- Cooking with herbs of the region (w/ demo)
- Using Western herbs in Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Clinical application of local medicinal plants
- First aid care with local medicinal plants
- Understanding plant constituents